Lee Faller Burgess, Founder & Tutor
Lee Faller Burgess is a licensed attorney in California (who passed the bar on her first attempt). She founded Amicus Tutoring in 2009 after practicing commercial litigation at a large international law firm.
Since founding Amicus Tutoring, Lee has helped numerous students around the country get better law school grades and pass the California Bar Examination. Lee is adjunct faculty at the University of San Francisco School of Law and the Golden Gate University School of Law, where she teaches classes on study skills, exam preparation, exam writing, and preparing for the bar exam.
Lee is also the co-founder of the Law School Toolbox. Launched in 2012, the Law School Toolbox is a resource for law students that demystifies the law school experience. The website is full of exam tips, study techniques, and more. Join our mailing list to get the latest updates.
Lee received her JD, cum laude, from the University of San Francisco School of Law in May 2008. She graduated as a member of the McAuliffe Honor Society. While in law school, Lee was the managing editor of the USF Law Review and received CALI awards for excellence in legal research and writing, family law, and forensic evidence. She was an academic tutor for both Contracts and Torts. She received her BA in psychology (organizational) and media studies with departmental honors from Claremont McKenna College.
Lee is a prolific writer, writing on issues relating to law school and the California Bar Examination on her own blog and around the Web. Some of her most popular guest posts can be found below. You can also follow Lee on twitter @AmicusTutoring.
- 10 Things to Consider When Picking Law School Classes – The Girl’s Guide to Law School.
- Stressed About the Bar Exam? 5 Last-Minute Tips from an Expert Tutor! – The Girl’s Guide to Law School.
- How to Prepare For an Open-Book Exam – The Girl’s Guide to Law School.
- Myths About Law School Exams, From a Tutor Who Knows – The Girl’s Guide to Law School.
- Nervous About 1L Exams? Here’s Advice From a Rockstar Tutor – The Girl’s Guide to Law School.
- I Failed the Bar Exam! Now What?!? – The Girl’s Guide to Law School & Lexis Hub for New Attorneys.
- Lee Burgess: entrepreneur, tutor, mentor, inspiration – Happy Go Legal.
- Thinking About Working While Studying For The Bar? You Must Read This! – Greenhorn Legal.